Dholpur Red Sandstone
Dholpur Red Sandstone or as is popularly called Agra Red Sandstone got its name from the quarries location and its proximity to Agra City famous world over for being the host of one of the Seven Wonders of the World THE "TAJ MAHAL". Sandstones take its colour based on the minerals proximity to the rock at the time of formation. Red colour is imparted due to the presence of Iron Oxides near the bedding planes. This is hard wearing sandstone designed for conformity of color and a contemporary styling. Since ages this sandstone has not shown any weathering effects. For example; during the archaic period it was expansively used in the construction of Indian temples, Agra Fort, Delhi Red Fort and many other forts.
Since; this sandstone is very responsive towards a variety of finishing like rubbed, honed, polished or sandblasted, shot blasted with hand cut or sawn edges, Agra Red's decorating versatility remains incomparable. For this reason, Agra red sandstone has become many architects' favourite constructing material. The large choice of sizes allows for some creativity in laying design. The colour of this sandstone ranges from light to dark red. Owing to its strength, durability, resistance to abrasion and environmental weathering, acid and alkali resistance and advantage of easy handling and availability has made Indian Sandstone the material of choice for construction and making artifacts and decorative items. It has variety of applications in roofing, flooring, paving, panelling, beams, pillars, doors and window sills. It has been found most suitable for carving screens. Due to its excellent workability it is fit for both exterior and interior uses.
- Product: Dholpur Red Sandstone
- Slab Sizes: Cutter Slabs, Gang saw Slabs
- Cut Sizes: 30 cm X 30 cm, 30 cm X 60 cm, 60 cm X 60 cm, 60 cm X 120 cm & Customized Sizes Available.
- Thickness: 20 mm, 30 mm, 40 mm, 50 mm, 60 mm, 70 mm Available
- Finishes: Leather, Flamed, Brushed, Polished, Honed, Lapatura
- Applications: Counter/Vanity Top, Flooring, Cladding, Marble Handicrafts, Swimming Pool Areas, Bathroom Walls & Floors, Fireplace Walls, External & Internal Aids in Construction
Leave a Reply